The Wear and Carry Permit training is 16 hours of instruction for an original application. The approved training is offered by a Qualified Handgun Instructor and will include instruction on:
- Application requirements
- Introduce and Review Safe Gun Handling Rules
- Pistol Parts and Operation
- Ammunition knowledge and selection
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Holster selection
- Maryland Firearms Laws
- Home Firearm Safety
- Use of Deadly Force
- Interactions with law enforcement
- Shooting Range qualification with a minimum score of 70% accuracy.
Designated security personnel (security guards, private detectives, special police, and armored car drivers/guards) must shoot a practical police course of at least 50 rounds, from no further than 25 yards and score at least 70% accuracy.
All other applicants must shoot a course of at least 25 rounds, from no further than 15 yards and score at least 70% accuracy.
There are no reviews yet.